My life made a big U-turn and I'm loving it, although it wasn't that easy sometimes...
Let me tell you about myself.
Comming from a small country named Holland, where I lived for 40 years and from those 40 years I lived 7 on my own.
The life I live now in Canada is so much different then the life I lived 42 years ago. My Mom, Dad, and I and that was it, just a small Family. Yup, as a only kid I got so now and then spoiled.
In my teenager years I was a bit of a wall flower, Always looking first then carefully trying out things or trying not at all. (I still have that a bit) I finnished all my classes and went to College but didn't succeed and recieved no Diploma.
After a time being job-less (after my college), my Father offered me a job at his work (He was working there already) It was a job in 3 shifts (One week a afternoon shift the other week a morning shift and the other week a night shift) It was hard job cause I never worked before and starting with the night shift wasn't easy. After 3 years I quited the job (I couldn't sleep in the mornings, and working with other people in a shift was new for me)
I had my hobbies. in my teenager years I had my BMX and I always loved music, specially dance music (boom, boom) I started DJ'ing when I was 22 and that was fun. I had lots of time cause I was still job less...(sigh*) Sometimes I got offered a job but that wasn't the future, a half a month here then there a week or a month there etc, etc. Still I went cause I needed the money. But I was not the job I want, my goal was a fulltime job...
In my twenties and thirtees I went to house parties awell, and my parents were not so happy with that. Sjon, alone far from his parents going to dance in the night and come back in the mornings...hmmm! But in my eyes it was all good, I knew what I did, it was a thing I needed. I wanted to get out of the house and let my worries and stress of 'not having a job' loosen up. Dancing, hearing my favourite music and communication with other people was fun! I felt great, I even had me a kind of a job as a DJ!! well sort of, it wasn't a weekly job but just a job to get around with the money.
And it was fun, fun, fun! Although it was hard sometimes in the night, traveling around with my records wasn't easy. I talked with my parents and I decided to live for a short while in Amsterdam cause of the traveling around almost every weekend. It was so much easier to live close where the parties were. Yes! I still knew what I was doing.
My Mom passed away just a week before I decided to return to my hometown (She died of an heartattack and, it was the year 2000) I made the decision cause it has been good... I was done with my DJ job and my parties, I wanted to calm down with all the party yarty (I was tired and felt not so well...I blamed the nightlife and the traveling) my Mom's dead was a shock, I never seen a dead person before and never been to a funeral. I was to scared...after my Mom's dead I lived in a rush, everything went so fast. I was scared my Dad would passed away or would do silly things just to be with Mom.
I took care of him as a child and it was hard and not easy. He was sad and was being difficult (suiccide atempts, crying moments, etc, etc) That went on a few years. In that time I was being diagnosed with a thyroid disease, that's why the heart poundings of and on, and the always being tired moments. My Mom's dead was a bomb for my thyroid. And the taking care of my (difficult) Dad wasn't doing my thyroid good.
I decided to live on my own and leaving my Dad on his own. a though decision, I know, my Dad and I talked about it a few times. he was sad about it but also knew it was time to let me go. I was excited but knew it was hard for Dad. It was new for me, it was a challenge. Finnaly some time for my self. My Dad had help from nurses daily, plus I came by so now and then to check on him.
The last 7 years living on my own was okay, it was good for me and I could start thinking of the future. I was still single and for along time I wanted someone around me. (a woman) Maybe even start to create a family! I think it was about time (I was 40) longed for it. very longed for it!
For a long time I was a member of a chat called "izicams.com". It was a worldwide chat where people can comminicate about everything and just nothing. There is where I met Sharon in the beginning of December 2008. (her nickname was Salicious) She popped out of knowhere like most people did on that chat. She was all the way in Canada. We started talking and it clicked (being carefully in the beginning. (cause of being shy I guess) But yeah, it clicked and we started talking more and more, and alot!
Although all the talking and being carefull, we decided to meet each other for 10 days in March, besides Canada wasn't that far. LOOL! Yes we were in love (and still are) Even though she has 5 kids, I didn't care, I wanted to be with her and be with her kids. All the talking we did felt like it was needed for us. She warned me for that it will be overwhelming, her knowing where I came from. But I had my mind set on her, it was destiny that we were about to meet.
We met each other the 25th of March 2009. Get this I Never flown before, NEVER aranged a trip and NEVER made such a big journey and there I went! being on the airport was huge and many times I asked myself "what am I doing"? LOL! Arriving in Canada was good although the customs give me a HARD time! and it was a long day full of nerves, airplanes, clouds, lots of people, and bad seats (my legs are to long! lol!) The meeting was a bit with nerves but it felt good, all the talking we did before we met was a bless! the 10 days was a dream with her and the kids. I was in love and she was in love.After our ten days we decided to meet each other again! I stayed a week and a few days home prepairing my trip BACK to Canada. And there I went... again, back to Canada, back to Sharon and the kids, and this time for 6 months! (don't worry I knew again what I was doing)
The 6 months was again GOOD! Alot of things had happened. The first ten days I met Sharon you could see as a shorth holiday. The 6 months I actually was living with her and the kids. I learned so many things in these 6 months, ofcourse I had my ups and downs, cause most of the things were absolute new for me. I was taking care of kids, (never done that) I had a relationship (never been able to having one) being in a far land far from home (never experienced that) etc, etc.
Just before the 6 months were over and my time had came to go back to Holland, I asked her to mary me, so out of the blue, and she said...............YES! We made little plans for our future and we made the decision that I will (again) return to Holland. She wanted to come over in Holland to help me out with the moving to Canada (yes!! I'm going back to Holland for a little while but comming back to Canada for good!) did you hear that good!?? I'm staying for good in Canada and live with Sharon and her kids!
The Month in Holland did Sharon good! She brought Abdu (the 3 year old) with her... It was 4 weeks of exploring my town and alot of selling personal belongings, rearanging stuff, and all that for my trip back to Canada! The 4 weeks were short but it was good! The moment Sharon & Abdu met my Dad was special, although the day before we returned to Canada we had to say goodbye to Dad was hard and emotional!
Alright, now after telling about myself, what's next!? The idea of writting a 'blog' came from myself. Everyday is a adventure and a lesson here in Canada! So here we go! Are you ready!?
The adventures of a new born Stepdad!

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten