woensdag 24 februari 2010

our little routine....

I found out....

....that a routine is important for kids and oh so handy. We have our own little routine, it just happend like that and the kids were getting used to it. But it took a while to get that routine, it went bit by bit. Before Grandma had her 'outburst',  she took Ab mostly for his afternoon nap and later on for his night sleep. We weren't  so happy with that cause one day Grandma won't be able to take Ab for his sleep anymore, and then what.

Last year when Saf and Ab were with me for a month in Holland, Ab's naps and sleeps went well. Now Ab has not got a certain time to go to bed, I mean 7:30 or at 8:00 would be great but, first Tasn is off to bed  between 8:30 and 9:00, then Mar, 9:00 between 9:30 and 10:00, then usually Ab falls asleep or we put him to sleep, late I know. It's like he's comming alive after dinner, jumping and playing around and being naughty, like he has a tazmanian devil inside of him who wants to get out, LOL! It's impossible to put him to sleep early then 8:00 or 9:00, (don't worry he gets his sleep) In Holland we did the same, around 10:00 he falls asleep, and we put him in bed, or one of us put him to sleep.

I love to see the kids all home after 8:00 PM in the week. But sometimes it happens that one of the kids has a project from school or they have cadets. Or someone has to go hang out with a friend cause (insert here a silly reason, LOL!)

Another little routine when we wake up in the morning is, that Mom or Dad make the kids lunches (mostly Mom) I do breakfast, and sometimes Sharon, (she makes the best breakfast and lunches) Before we make our breakfast and lunches we always open our computers (when we have time) to look on facebook or look at our emails.

Now our little routine can sometimes ruin up, cause there is so much going on daily. Saf works at Food Basics, and that means working shifts. Saf works lately alot in the afternoon and the evening. Although I wasn't so happy with it, it gives me alot of opportunities to take care of the kids and train myself to be the best Dad ever. That means alot of responsibility over the kids. I learned so many things. Oh yeah, I had my moods in the beginning with the kids. (right Ab? right, Tasn? lool!) But the moods are getting less, ofcourse it's normal when a kid has a bad temper or is being naughty you get mad or angry, but I learned to count till 3 and then react, and stay calm. Now I can (mostly) handle them with  a little bit of what I learned and a little bit of myself and a little bit what my parents thought me as a kid. Did you know that with humor you can solve alot. Replace yourself in the little kid, you'll be suprised.

Now this post is about our routine's, and guess who just showed up to ruin it a bit, Saf's ex-husband is back for a short visit, to see the kids. 'He' said he's in Canada for a month, but from one of our daughters I heard he's here till the Summer to take the kids to Egypt for a Summer vacation, yeah, NOT  a good idea!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten