zondag 28 februari 2010

“The only thing better than singing is more singing.”

“The only thing better than singing is more singing.”

Yeah, one of our hobby's must be singing, I should say 'Karaoke.' If one person would say to me last year, you will be singing 'karaoke' in a bar once or twice a week, I would call him or her crazy, LOL!  Singing in the shower or on my own when know one is around, well okay,  But in a bar with alot of audience?...NO way! But things have changed, as so many things have changed in my life.

We were looking for a place to go out in the evening. Taking care of the kids and do our house hold things is good but we needed some time out and do somthing for ourselves. We came up with the idea for a bar when I told her about my past. I went out every weekend to a club, disco or a bar. I thought it would be nice to go somewhere where it's cozy and hear some music. It was Saf's first time to go out to a bar (When she was in Egypt for many years she didn't went out)  We were both a bit nervous, but we couraged each other and went to a bar near our house. ('Butt Rethlers')  There was a band playing and it was nice and cozy, still we were a bit like, uhmm, okay, looking around, nervous, but we had each other to talk and feel relaxed. 

While looking around we saw a little billboard saying there was a 'Karaoke' every Thursday night.Saf told me, let's go there next Thursday, and I agreed!

The first time we went we didn't sing, (still to unsure or shy) but the second time we sung a tune, we were encouraged, and we kept coming back to that place. Saf and I made alot of friends. And this place (Butt Rethlers) wasn't the only place we went singing. There is the 'Legion' every Friday and on Saturday the 'Rose & Torn, if we had time.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten