zaterdag 20 maart 2010

"God can pick sense out of a confused prayer."

The Friday prayer was nice..... 

I went there with a bit of a mood, cause I was a bit upset about the kids, it was about there rooms. I just don't understand why they could make such mess and just leave it there. And then the question "Do we go to the prayer or not? and if we go, what time?" There were 2 prayers, one at 1:00 pm and one at 2:45 pm,  it was already 12:25, and there was still no deccicion.

 Suddenly 12:40 pm, "Alright! let's go" said Saf, and of we went (grhhhmmpppff) Decent clothes on, Tas, Noor and Saf wearing scarves. (that was a different experience) Noor looked pretty with a scarf. Arriving at the Mosque was good, I was more then ready, I felt special and felt honoured, a bit of a loner aswell, cause I was the only white guy, LOOL! 

And yes! there were staring at me, but not with bad looks, just like if they ask themselves, "Oh, he's deffo not Arabic." After we took of our shoes, the women and the men got seperated from each other, I was with Saf's friend Son, Bas, he was the one who leaded me with the whole prayer.

I looked around sitting there and it was akward to see all these Arabs with some of them special clothing, it was interesting to watch. In front of me a Father was praying with his two little sons, the Father did his prayers,(bending down, kneeling, standing up)

And the two little sons were right beside the fathers long legs, adorable to watch! And there were more fathers with there son or sons. One Father had a little son with him and while he prayed, the Son was all over him, but the father didn't do a thing, not a word, he was deep in his prayers.

It was time for the Iman to speak (thank God it was in English) He was a okay speaker. Some stories the Iman told were absurd and unright. The imam accused the parents of an 18 year old boy that was beaten up by a gang and then thrown from a bridge onto the highway, he accused the parents of being the ones who murdered their son for not teaching him what sort of friends to hang out with. I pray that the family was not present at this prayer. Absurd!

The Prayer we did went good and that was all what it was about for me, the prayers! It's so different for a Chatolic to see how Muslim's Pray, how closer to God can you be?! They do all this things just to worship there God and to Pray, I like that!  The Chatolic people Pray aswell but not so tense as the Muslim's, I don't Pray that much but if I had to Pray then I would rather Pray as a Muslim.

After the Jumma Prayer we went Home or atleast we tried to, LOL! The shoes I couldn't find my shoes, there were so many! And one woman fainted and the ambulance came, that all was holding us up. Although all that I would like to go next week again!

The sad and painfull part of the day came from Mar. She fell of her bike and stabbed her inner thigh In the first place she looked okay and could walk home with her friend. Later it became painfull and she asked for a bandage. looking at the wound made Mar scared and emotional, It was quit a big deep stab. Saf and I decided to take her to the walking clinic. Mar's  friend came aswell. She cried and begged not to have stiches. Mar was scared and that was oblivious! I couldn't see her cry, poor thing. The waiting took long. Then finally  it was her turn and she was brave, even though she was scared to death.

3 stiches and medication was the result.

The day was almost over, and I did not even mentioned  that 'the ex' called and asked for the kids, to pick them up. I was a bit frustraded and said, "It's our turn now, we wanted to do something with the kids this week" but we didn't," now we have the chance to do something with them at the weekend." "I know" said Saf. "I'm not happy that they go" I answered! ...In the first place Tasn didn't wanna go and if she is not going, Ab wont go either. Cle was out shopping, and Mar was in pain. (p.s. the ex called before we took Maryam to the doctors) that leaves only Noora.

In the end Ab, Tasn and Noor went. Cle came home telling Mom, 'I'm going too. But later decided not to go. These moments always make me a bit frustraded. I already have a bit of a hard time when they go, and them being  difficult, or they can't make a decision doesn't help my frustration. Make a decision! Sometimes I wish that we could all live in harmony without 'the ex' and without 'grumpy grandma' and raize the kids without troubles. I prayed for that in the Friday prayer by the way.

In the evening we took of for 'karaoke' at the 'Rose and Thorn' for a few hours. It was nice to end a day with a few songs.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten