dinsdag 16 maart 2010

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.

Monday started nice but with grey weather. I was up as first, 5 minutes later Maryam came downstairs, we both had breakfast and talked. Maryam asked me again how Mom and me met each other, so I told her and she said it's so cute!

I would like to talk about religion, but it's a hard subject to discus and to talk about. I'm Catholic and I went to the church every weekend with my Mom & Dad in my younger days. My Dad used to sing in a choir. do I believe in God? Yeah I believe. My Mom and Dad thought me this religion, and I grew up with that religion. My Mom and Dad were Chatolic and didn't know else, yeah there were the protestants, there religion was a bit different then ours.

Now about Muslims. I don't know that much about there religion, the only thing I know is it's a strong and tough religion. There is a Muslim religion in Saf's house. Ofcource, cause the kids grew up in Egypth and Saf was more then 10 years in that country. They prayed and did everything what a Muslim had to do. Saf told me all about and it's quit a story!

I respect the religion of the family. It's interesting but also a very hard religion with strict rules. Now why do I write about all this? Yesterday, I was reading a piece of blog from Cle. Last Sunday she wrote a piece that has got most of us pretty upset. She talked about the Muslim religion in Canada, she misses it here, and mostly from her sisters. She's complaining that it's all gone and it was way back in Egypth much better and that was not all she said, here are a few lines....

"My life is bugging me at home, i am being hit with the truth about things..about how our life is nor right..how stuff my mom does leads me and my sisters to the wrong path,my mom isn't around all the time..work and outing with sjon...i don't see my sisters getting their mom time..or even being disciplined ,being raised....
and they are being raised in a non-Muslim community ,with not a Muslim household anymore"

"Maryam.,.she knows she is Muslim..but doesn't even understand what that is anymore...i try to teach her,,but she is not interested...thats not a good start on life here...we have only been in Canada for 2yrs".

"My mom is doing not much to stop this..i don't think she is even paying attention anymore...she has her own life now..we are all spreading apart..and she is in her own world with sjon and abdu...where does that leave the rest of us..sorry but this is an unfit lifestyle..and yes as much as i am against my dads word....it is the best for maryam and nemo to get there bases in Egypt..a Muslim country...and since i will be there..it good, for 5yrs...they will get raised properly..and learn and understand about her religion..she will have haya2 (modesty)..something which is slowly disappearing from her now..they will be raised good...then when i leave.,.they are welcomed to come wit me..and i already have that arranged with my dad.."

"A good thing that i know my dad cant pull anything in Egypt either..i hold the passports!!! and i can easily call the Canadian embassy..i have all the information and papers if i have too......im gettin my passport ready cuz i see a better future in Egypt..for me and my sisters....."

Now that's a pretty though writting for a 17 year old. The last 4/5 days she has been trough alot. The meeting with her Dad, not being able to work (she might get fired cause of a innocent thing she did at work) and no work means no money. That frustrates her and if you have a blog where you can write your thoughts or what else down, it's easy then to complain and write all of your frustrations down. It makes you feel good BUT, you leave the others upset or sad behind. In this case the Family.

And to be honest, sending her sisters back to Egypth is wrong in every way! Even if it was for 4 or 5 years. The ex almost never treated the kids well, he was almost never around and did'nt pay support when the kids got back in Canada ....etc...etc....etc... As I was saying I accept the Muslim religion, I accept every man or woman or child who believes in there God. What is wrong being a Muslim in Canada !? And second if the kids are happy the way they live now, let them!  You can't force them to become a Muslim, and if they want I would even help out her sisters to pray or tell them what to do, I would even think of becoming a Muslim. Saf told me to come with us to a Islamic Church and pray. I'm  looking forward to it....

What she wrote about her Mom doesn't make sense. She cares alot and does everything she can to be the best Mom ever! "I die for my kids" she told me once. I seen many families in my life but i've never seen such a nice family as this.

One last thing, there was someone who made a comment about Inaam's  blog writting.....It said... 

"You are an adult and you are responsible for your own choices, so maybe before trying to save others, you should take a deep look at yourself and see what you need to do first before pointing fingers at others." 

(she has already 39 comments on that writting and it seemed to go pretty though)

The rest of the kids came home, so out of knowhere. I heard Tasn peeping voice and she said. 'HI!" It took a while that they came inside, luggages. It was a bit weird to see them again, even though it was 3 days that they have been gone. Noor came as last...and after Tasn gave Mom and me a hug and Ab went for Tasn's candy. Noor gave Mom a big hug and a firm kiss and me? Oh well, after she walked away I asked where is my welcome and hi? 'oh yeah' she answered, She said 'hi and walked away, kids! LOL! 

The evening went on and the 2 oldest invited some friends over (Arabic friends) after a while I went for a tiny bit upstairs. (computer time) You know Arabic language and me, LOOL! Later in the evening we saw the movie "The Incredibles" for the kids.

“Appreciation"

I would  love to hear something else one day from the kids, instead of asking me everyday "where's Mom? Or is it over reacting from my side....hmmm.... I must not forget that the kids have been raised by there Mother so, yeah! no wonder that they ask all day for Mom. Even though it's been more then a year that I'm here....

BUT still it's a bit annoying to hear them ask everyday "where's Mom?"right? I think I have to have be patience with them, or just confront them...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten